This is an easy and super fast way to build your own steel garage workbench, drawer, cabinet and storage configuration, get the layout that works best for you with these free standing modular solutions that join together to make a workbench combination that has variable length and variable parts.
Its like Lego for your garage, buy the blocks you like and add them together in the combination you want to create your garage dream.
The space you need works around a design height at maximum of 2M or just to 0.95M to the workbench top, depth is 46cm plus some space for vertical mounts at 3cm, length is upto you as u can just keep adding more modules - no limit and you can even go around 90 Degree corners and keep adding.
This system is designed to fit in your 2-car garage and still leave enough room to park your car there. Allow at least 49cm of space in depth when measuring.
To work out exact length of a project you need to know the width of each module piece which are either 600, 680 or 915mm and sum these together and that the workbench tops come in 3 sizes that cover either 1, or 2 or 3 base unit spaces.
- Base drawer style units are 680mm wide x 458mm deep x 910mm tall (not flat packed)
- The Double base 7 Drawer with Cupboard is 1361mm wide x 458mm deep x 910mm tall, this comes with a benchtop already included. (not Flat packed)
- Corner units are 865mm W x 865mm D X 2000mm H (base is Flat Packed, top is not) but the pillars at the rear supporting the pegboards and overheads mean you need to allow 895mm each direction for space used.
- Single door tall cabinets are 600mm wide x 458mm deep x 2000mm tall (Flat Packed)
- Double door tall cabinets are 915mm wide x 458mm deep x 2000mm tall (Flat Packed)
- Workbench tops are stainless steel wrapped over heavy wood. They come in either :
- 680mm wide top for 1 base unit,
- 1361mm wide to cover 2 base units or a
- 2041mm wide to cover 3 base units. They can be butted together to extend the total length.
- Workbench tops also have a standard depth of 463mm with a 38mm thickness. In addition, there is a range of these benchtops that have extra depth at 520mm, using these will create a 57mm overhang at the front but gives a larger bench surface area.
- Note when placing these units in your home garage, be conscious of the available space so you can still park your car and close the garage door. The total depth is 3cm for pillars plus the benchtop depth of 46cm or 52cm.
To complete the look and style you typically add pegboards and upper cabinets if you wish but that is not essential. These are sized to match the width of the base units and come with or without a built-in power board and USB connections.
Our starter kit is 2M Wide x 2M tall with base units, benchtop, pegboards and overhead cabinets, this unit is not flat packed but has some assembly.
This can be added on in many ways to expand your solution.
2M Base Set (with power boards) and additional items added.
Pegboards have the Euro style peg boards with the square peg mounting holes. These pegboards have bolt holes to match mounts for upper cabinets if required and come with or without power boards. You could even mount a TV or computer display screen on them instead or a combination of the upper cabinet units and a TV.
Upper overhead cabinets pieces can be then mounted onto the pegboard via included bolts if desired are leave out for larger pegboard area.
Corner units are also available that can make the system go around corner walls.
Vertical pillars are used to join the units together to make a free-standing set. They come as a joiner piece that connects 2 pegboards or as end piece if there is no connection required to the next item. You can also use 2 edge pieces in place of 1 joiner pillar the width of 2 edge pieces is equal to one joiner.
These units are not mounted to the wall of your garage, they are freestanding. Easily moved if required.
Tool kits in EVA trays are available that are sized to match the drawers in the modular systems. Peg Hooks can also be found in our accessory pages.
Base units refer to the cabinets that sit under the bench, you can mix and match these to your own choice as they are all same dimensions and options cover:
- 5 Drawer Unit
- 7 Drawer Units
- 2 Vertical Door Cabinet Unit
- Rubbish Bin Unit with Paper Roll Holder
- Tap and Sink Unit
- There is also a mobile tool trolley on wheels that can be used as a centre of 3 units or leave the centre of 3 units empty so you can put a chair there and use it as a desk area.
- If your floor is uneven or has a slight slope we have sets of adjustable footing that can be screwed into the base of each unit. These are purchased separately.
IF You find it a little difficult to map out your ideas, then call us on 07 3075 6492 and talk through the configuration in mind and we can create a schematic similar to image format below to work off.
These units have the frame, sides and rear in a matt black finish and the facia is a textured speckled grey per below: